Listening to: Same Love by Macklemore
Reading: Online Novels
Hello Deviant People.
I thought I would update my journal on my current life.
In the previous online class session I took Lifespan and Educational Psychology. I got an 89.67 in Lifespan (due solely to the final) and a 97.82 in Educational Psychology (the highest in the class). In both classes I received positive remarks from my teachers. Even from my classmates I received comments such as: "Your post always breakdown the information so well. I learn a lot from you. I would be honored if you were a teacher to my kids."
~!*Below are the comments from my teacher to my discussion posts in Lifespan*!~
• Discussion on Egocentrism in Adolescence:
• "Kody, in just these few short weeks of getting to know you in class, I think this is you: "There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into sun"― Pablo Picasso"
• Discussion on Leaving Home and Age of Maturity:
o "How old are you? I think you are a very old soul in terms of the unfolding of the universe. With your wisdom at your age, you have been around for a while."
• Discussion on "Midlife as "Over the Hill" or "Prime of Life":
o "I am selfish, but I hope you are going to be a teacher; a teacher of psychology at that. I appreciate your way with words. You are a modern day Plato. "The other day a man asked me what I thought was the best time of life. "Why," I answered without a thought, "now.""-David Grayson". Now is all we have. We can remember the past and think of the future, but NOW is all we got."
Next session will be the last session. I'm going to be taking my Psychology Capstone and Adult Psychology (with the same teacher from Lifespan). I cannot wait to graduate from Columbia College.
I still plan to go to Graduate school for either:
• Industrial Organizational Psychology
• Educational Psychology
• Social Psychology
Currently I cannot decide between the three, but I/O Psychology has careers that include the other two.
Due to college I have been slow on keeping up with my art related work, but I am:
• Currently I am creating a piece for my mother for Mother's Day. I want to make a piece that includes: my father's and her high school class rings; their profiles from high school; and the lyrics from their favorite songs.
• I am also working on a story. So far I have developed the characters, settings, and milestones. I have finished writing up two chapters, but I want to have five complete chapters before I post anything.
Well I better go. I still have work to do.